Last week, a friend from CPRS Vancouver (@CPRSVancouver) reached out to me and asked if I would share a Golden Rule of PR, as a part of their Twitter contest.
There are other Golden Rules of PR that I have practiced over the years. I didn’t share them as a part of the contest, but they will be with me for the next 25 years … knock on wood These rules include:
- Don’t just say the right thing, but do the right thing. Actions speak louder than words.
- At the end of the day, the only thing you have left is your integrity and this should not be compromised.
- A handful of great relationships is better than a list of okay connections.
- Think about the business of communications and how what you do directly impacts the organization.
- Give back to the industry that has educated you by mentoring young professionals.
- Practice PR as if it also stands for Proactive Relations.