Finally, we’re ready to announce the winner of the #PRStudChat Challenge. The two finalists were:
Finalist #1: Karen Russell, PR Professor at the University of Georgia. Editor of the Journal of Public Relations Research. Karen’s collaborative lit review: http://bit.ly/9aT851 group SM book review: http://bit.ly/bW0l9Q offered a great example of the use of collaborative learning techniques in the classroom
Finalist #2: Barbara Nixon, Assistant Professor, Southeastern University; Adjunct professor, Georgia Southern University. Barbara’s blog posts / assignments for #PRCA3030 (Social Media for PR) from Spring 2010 http://bit.ly/a4kZcW including a final project for which students had the option of creating their own Social Media Resume or writing a Social Media Policy for a client organization, gave students an opportunity to get experience that will directly impact their professional success.
Although both professors had excellent submissions, the winner of our challenge is:
Winner: Barbara Nixon
Congratulations Barbara! Here are your prizes:
- A Skype visit with your class by the co-founders of #PRStudChat.
- An interview with Barbara or the student of her choice on the new PRStudChat Podcast Series with co-hosts, Harrison Kratz (@KratzPR) and Ashley Funderburk (@amfunderburk1).
- An interview in the Examiner with @ValerieSimon about the winning project and social media in the classroom.
- A guest blog post on PR 2.0 Strategies and/or the PRStudChat Blog.
- The choice of one of the following books from Amazon (courtesy of Mango! Marketing):
- The Mirror Test by Jeffrey Hazlett and Jim Eber
- Social Media Metrics: How to Measure and Optimize Your Marketing Investement by David Meerman Scott and Jim Stern
- Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business by Erik Qualman
- The Networked Non-Profit: Connecting with Social Media to Drive Change by Beth Kanter, Allison Fine, Randi Zuckerberg
- Facebook Marketing: Designing Your Next Marketing Campaign by Justin Levy
We want to thank all of the professors and students who participated in the October #PRStudChat challenge. We hope you will all help us to congratulate Barbara on being our winner. Great job Barbara!