#PRStudChat December Announcement: How to Motivate Students in the Classroom & in the New Year
As we wrap up another college semester and head toward the New Year, educators will reflect on Fall 2017, evaluating their classroom activities, interactions with students and what methods of teaching were the most favorable. In the spirit of connecting students, teachers and pros and with a goal to enhance professional development, #PRStudChat invites its community members to join a Twitter chat on December 21st at 12:00 p.m. ET. We’ll be discussing the topic, “How to Motivate Students in the Classroom and in the New Year.”
Our special guest, co-hosting and leading the discussion is Kevin Anselmo. Kevin is the founder and principal of Experiential Communications, which helps individuals and groups gain clarity about what to communicate. He’s also the author of Maximize Your Impact: How Academics Can Communicate Knowledge Through Traditional and Digital Media. If you’d like to learn more about Kevin, here is additional information about his work.
Several of the questions and topics educators, students, and professionals will discuss, to create a more collaborative and engaged learning experience, include:
- Why motivate students?
- What is the educator’s role in motivating his or her students?
- How should professors use communications tools to enhance the student experience?
- How do you keep your students engaged? Share some tactics you use and recommend.
- How far should a teacher go to make sure his/her students understood and learned a particular topic?
- How do you see the role of the professor in an AI (artificial intelligence) world?
- Companies employ employee advocacy programs. Do they have a place in a teaching environment?
- How do you integrate content into the student experience?
- Should teachers help students find their unique value proposition?
- Share three pieces of advice for students to follow in the coming year.
We hope you’ll join us for a dynamic and informative #PRStudChat discussion with special guest, Kevin Anselmo, on the 21st. As always, we welcome your questions before or during the chat. See you on the 21st at 12:00 p.m. ET!
It began with a simple question asked by Angela Hernandez, then President of PRSSA at Central Michigan University (CMU). “Is PR Right for me?” A follow-up blog post by PR 2.0 expert Deirdre Breakenridge inspired a series of direct messages on Twitter between Breakenridge and fellow PR industry pro, Valerie Simon. This was an important question and one that should be explored beyond one student or one blog post. Why not build a community to help students across the country, and even the globe, learn from the experience and perspective of industry professionals … A community where everyone can learn and grow together.
About Spin Sucks
Started in September 2006 by Gini Dietrich, the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, an integrated marketing communications firm, Spin Sucks mission is to change the perception people have of the PR industry.
What started as a simple blog, soon became a movement. Spin Sucks is the number one PR blog in the world, the go-to resource for PR professionals to learn new strategies and tactics, to share and receive expert advice. It’s also the place where people have fun discussions, brainstorm, ask for help, and make new friends.