The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Digital Media and AI on October 25th
Public relations professionals must understand and embrace artificial intelligence (AI), machine language, and big data, from the resources that keep them up to speed to how brands are using advanced technologies that may affect their roles in communications.
It’s a lot to encompass, so we’re going to dive into the topic to help communicators improve strategy, storytelling, and relationship building.
On Thursday, October 25th at 12:00 p.m. ET the #PRStudChat community will gather for a Twitter chat focused on Digital Media and AI. Our special guest driving the discussion will be Martin Waxman, APR, who leads digital and social media training and workshops.
Martin is a communications strategist and teaches digital strategy. He is also the co-founder of three PR agencies, president of a consultancy, Martin Waxman Communications, and has worked in the industry for 25+ years. You can learn more about Martin here.
For the upcoming discussion, you can connect with Martin on Twitter, @martinwaxman. Here are several of the topics/questions Martin and the #PRStudChat community will answer on the 25th.
- What do communicators need to know about artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning? #PRStudChat
- Ack! Is AI going to take away jobs? Are robots taking over? #PRStudChat
- What are some AI resources communicators can use to keep up to speed? #PRStudChat
- What are some areas where AI will improve communications and why? #PRStudChat
- What are some risks or areas to watch? #PRStudChat
- What are some examples of AI done really well in the context of a communications/marketing strategy? #PRStudChat
- Talk about your experiences with a chatbot – what worked, what didn’t, where could communicators help? #PRStudChat
- In what ways, has your job/studies/life been affected by AI? #PRStudChat
- What additional skills do communicators need? Where can they learn them? #PRStudChat
- Where is the relationship between AI and communications going? What do we have to look forward to, and what do we need to be wary of? #PRStudChat
As always, we welcome your questions before or during the chat. You can tweet @PRStudChat, @SpinSucks, @LKPetrolino, @ValerieSimon, or @DBreakenridge with any questions you would like answered.
We’re looking forward to another lively #PRStudChat conversation. See you on Thursday, October 25th at 12:00 p.m. ET!
It began with a simple question asked by Angela Hernandez, then President of PRSSA at Central Michigan University (CMU). “Is PR Right for me?” A follow-up blog post by Communication Strategist Deirdre Breakenridge inspired a series of direct messages on Twitter between Breakenridge and fellow PR industry pro, Valerie Simon. This was an important question and one that should be explored beyond one student or one blog post. Why not build a community to help students across the country, and even the globe, learn from the experience and perspective of industry professionals … A community where everyone can learn and grow together.
About Spin Sucks
Spin Sucks was started in September 2006 by Gini Dietrich, the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, an integrated marketing communications firm. Its mission? To change the perception or PR. What started as a simple blog, soon became a movement. Spin Sucks is the number one PR blog in the world, the go-to resource for PR professionals to learn new strategies and tactics, to share and receive expert advice. It’s also the place where people have fun discussions, brainstorm, ask for help, and make new friends.