#PRStudChat Discusses The State of Digital Corporate Reputation
PR in the 21st century requires an intense focus on reputation management and brand health. Businesses face greater reputation risk as social media and mobile technologies increase the speed of communication and a dynamic public actively shares what they see and how they feel, 24/7.
On Thursday, May 24th at 12:00 p.m. ET, the #PRStudChat community will gather for an in-depth Twitter discussion on the State of Digital Corporate Reputation. Joining us as our special guest and co-host will be Mike Schaffer (@mikeschaffer) Senior Vice President, Digital Corporate Reputation at Edelman in Washington, DC. Mike will lead a community discussion focused on the best practices for online reputation management and the ways that PR pros can mitigate reputation risk.
Here are the questions Mike and the community will discuss on the 24th. We encourage all community members to share their perspectives and ideas on digital corporate reputation.
- What is digital corporate reputation?
- How do you get other areas of your organization involved in digital reputation management?
- Will you please share with us some of the best practices for online corporate reputation management?
- How do you measure a company’s digital corporate reputation?
- What are some of the challenges brands face with their reputation management in an age of digital communication.
- How does content play a part of reputation management?
- How does search and social media marketing play a role in reputation management?
- Which companies understand the importance of reputation management. Do you have any good examples?
- What are some resources for PR pros to learn more about digital corporate reputation?
- What advice do you have for students and pros about protecting / managing their own reputations?
As always, we welcome your questions before or during the chat. You can tweet @PRStudChat, @SpinSucks, @ValerieSimon @lkpetrolino or @DBreakenridge with any questions you would like answered.
See you on May 24th at 12:00 p.m. ET!
It began with a simple question asked by Angela Hernandez, then President of PRSSA at Central Michigan University (CMU). “Is PR Right for me?” A follow-up blog post by Communication Strategist Deirdre Breakenridge inspired a series of direct messages on Twitter between Breakenridge and fellow PR industry pro, Valerie Simon. This was an important question and one that should be explored beyond one student or one blog post. Why not build a community to help students across the country, and even the globe, learn from the experience and perspective of industry professionals … A community where everyone can learn and grow together.
About Spin Sucks
Started in September 2006 by Gini Dietrich, the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, an integrated marketing communications firm, Spin Sucks mission is to change the perception people have of the PR industry.
What started as a simple blog, soon became a movement. Spin Sucks is the number one PR blog in the world, the go-to resource for PR professionals to learn new strategies and tactics, to share and receive expert advice. It’s also the place where people have fun discussions, brainstorm, ask for help, and make new friends.