Announcement: #PRStudChat May 18th Graduation Session
You are formally invited to attend the #PRStudChat Class of 2011 Graduation Session on May 18th, 2011 at 8:30 pm EDT
On Wednesday night, May 18th at 8:30 p.m. ET, we will celebrate the #PRStudChat graduating class of 2011. Our seniors have worked hard throughout their college years, and we want to recognize their accomplishments, offer insight into the PR profession and wish them well, as they move forward into new and exciting communications initiatives.
Our “Graduation Speaker” is Mark Ragan (@MarkRaganCEO), who is not only well known in PR, but also a highly respected colleague. Mark is the CEO of Lawrence Ragan Communications. He’s also the Publisher of Ragan’s PR Daily, a daily news site that delivers news, advice, and opinions on the public relations, marketing, social media and media worlds. As our special guest, Mark will enlighten the graduating class and community about the changing world of media and PR and what professionals can expect in the years ahead.
A few of the questions that our community will ask Mark that night will include:
- Question #1: What are the differences between learning PR in school and practicing PR as a professional?
- Question #2: What should graduates be doing to find the right job?
- Question #3: What expectations should young professionals have if they want to become leaders in the industry?
- Question #4: What can professionals do to advance and grow in the industry?
- Question #5: #PRStudChat PSA Opportunity– What handle or hashtag would you like to share with the community?
- Question #6: What industries are up and coming in the next five years that PR professionals should keep on their radar?
- Question #7: What are some of the challenges of writing for different communications channels?
- Question #8: What is your advice to young professionals entering into the world of PR?
This #PRStudChat session will be a true celebration; complete with some very special graduation awards and a book giveaway. More details to be announced prior to graduation! We also have a very special graduation present for our senior class. Our friend, Harrison Kratz (@KratzPR) is helping us to put together a memorable gift for our graduates, as a reminder of their college years.
Whether you are a current student, a new graduate or a seasoned professional, we hope you will join #PRStudChat, and Mark Ragan, on May 18th at 8:30 p.m. ET, to engage in a dynamic discussion and to celebrate our seniors and all of their accomplishments over the past four years. Help us to congratulate them and wish them well, as they transition into their professional careers.
A Little More About PRStudChat:
It began with a simple question asked by Angela Hernandez, then President of PRSSA at Central Michigan University (CMU). “Is PR Right for me?” A follow up blog post by PR 2.0 expert Deirdre Breakenridge inspired a series of direct messages on Twitter between Breakenridge and fellow PR industry pro, Valerie Simon. This was an important question and one that should be explored beyond one student or one blog post. Why not build a community to help students across the country, and even the globe, learn from the experience and perspective of industry professionals… A community where everyone can learn and grow together. Read more